Friday, January 23, 2009
First Sign!
Because I'm now with Delilah so much, I decided to give baby sign language a try. I bought a book and started with a couple signs last week. And today she signed back!!! I was feeding her cereal and she gave the sign for 'milk'. I went and grabbed her bottle and when she saw it, she got super excited and kept doing the sign over and over. How cute is that?!?! (But if I'm being completely honest, I have to admit I'm a little freaked out about how soon I will have a real, live, walking, talking child on my hands. I will miss my baby...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
that is soooo cool! it only took a week for her to learn that? Brains as well as beauty? We aren't surprised...
I did baby sign language with Caleb and Bekah, too, and they LOVED it!! It really cut down on the "terrible twos" temper tantrums because they were able to tell me what they wanted instead of just screaming. I'm so glad that it's going well for both of you!
Brynn does the baby signs too! She especially likes the "more" sign. And if I don't see her doing it, she will start yelling along with the signs. :) Oh it's fun.
I took care of a good friends children until the oldest just hit Kindergarten...and all three of them did sign language. It is amazing isn't it? I truly believe it helped them all cope with "no" and with just day to day things, because they could communicate! Good luck with it all...it sounds like she is excited to learn!
(Oh, and I am a high school friend of Joie's, so I'm not some crazy stalker, lol)
"That is awesome! Has she learned the sign for "beer" yet? ha. Amy also read something that you can start to teach them to read before they can talk. There is a book to buy that shows you how to do it. They claim the kids can point at the words that you ask them even if they can't say them yet. Pretty cool. Also, the mustard/ketchup sign to Chris was super cute....but gross. When Delilah doesn't like condiments like Uncle Cannon - you only have yourself to blame! =)"
I love that you are doing the baby signs. It will be so much easier for all of you. You will just have to teach them to MiMi and PopPop too.
Loved your message to Chris... what a cute idea.
love
MiMi
Whaaaaaat? Baby sign language! I have much to learn.
So great to see you girls today! She's such a beauty - and smart like her mommy & daddy.
It goes way too fast. I look at pictures of Mikah her first year and I barely even remember that time with her and it was only 3 years ago, it is kinda sad!!
Kuddos on the baby sign, I need to start getting myself ready for Presley, she is still a ways off but I could start practicing!!
oh my goodness - i have been thinking about doing that with langston - tell me everything, what did you do, how long did it take - i have 2 books,but i want some real honest "scoop"!
great new pics by the way!
Post a Comment