Tuesday, February 3, 2009

And the Spirit Award goes to...

...Delilah Huntley for being the most easy-going, patient, giggly little traveler ever. We spent 5 days in The Woodlands/Houston while Chris was working and I dragged Lila all over the place. She always got 3 meals, 2 snacks, and 2 naps a day, but I don't think any of those happened in the same place twice.
We started off visiting my high school friend Natalie and her daughter Avery, but I didn't take any pics, so I'll add those when I get the ones Natalie took. We also visited Miss Linda (my friend Jennifer's mom) and Miss Susan (my friend Emily's mom) but I didn't take any pictures b/c my hands were too full to also bring my camera. :) And the last thing I didn't take pictures of was my parents' awesome SuperBowl party...I was too busy having fun and holding Delilah.The rest of the week can be documented in the pictures below!


My high school friend, Travis, and his daughter, Jayden. Thanks for a great evening, McHam family!

Delilah with the Milburns, dear family friends of The Huntleys. Chris grew up next door to them!


Delilah and my friend, Brianna. Brianna and her husband are leaving in March to go to Costa Rica for 2.5 years with the Peace Corps. Congrats, Brianna, we'll miss you!


The rest of the pics are with my family...my brother Bryan, his wife Shannon, and their 3 kids, Sydney, Maddie, and Cannon. There's also one pic with my dad, better known as Pop Pop. :)

Delilah and her Uncle Bryan. She adores him and I think he's pretty smitten with her as well.


Shannon, Maddie, and me. Maddie took some of the pics below...so talented. :)


Sydney and me. She's the most lovable little thing in the world...and quite the artist, too.


The three kiddos and me. LOVE this pic!!!!

Delilah, Chris, and Cannon.

Aunt Shannon and Delilah. So sweet!


Cannon and Delilah. FYI, he's an AMAZING swimmer...as in, breaking Michael Phelps' records when he was his age. And he's the most thoughtful teenager I think I've ever known.
Sydney playing with Delilah. She would fill a straw about a quarter full with water, then drop it in Delilah's mouth like a momma bird feeding a baby bird. Lila loved it!!!
Kisses from Sydney. How cute is their matching hair color?!?!
And last, but certainly not least, we have a pic of Delilah taking her first nap with Pop Pop...a Clifton family tradition. While my dad fell asleep right away, if you look closely, you can see that Lila's little peepers are still a little open. :)
Whew! That's it. If you read this far, YOU get a Spirit Award, too!

6 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

What a fun weekend!! And NAPS!! I Love the Clifton tradition of NAPS!!!

The Deming Four said...

so cute!!!!! Can't wait to get our little boogers together!

Team Leslie said...

So great to see you girls!!! Looks like y'all had a great whirlwind trip.

ali said...

Looks like a fun and wonderful trip. I love seeing Brianna. I miss her on phone calls. I will now email her.

I also miss you.

Jana Kay said...

Yay!! Such great pictures! The McHams had a blast!! :)

Kele said...

I do love the matching hair that Sydney and Delilah have, too cute!!