Monday, November 16, 2009

A Certain Redhead Misses Her Daddy

Chris is out of town and it seems to be hitting Delilah harder than usual. I don't know if it's b/c she's getting older or b/c they spent more time than usual together last week while I was knocked out with bronchitis...whatever it is, she's been asking for him constantly since he left yesterday morning. After the 1000th request for "Dada!, Dada?!", I asked her if she wanted to make Dada a card while he was gone. She said, "YES!". So I pulled out a blue inkpad, some paper and crayons and we went to town.
Enjoy, Chris--this is for you. :)

Working Hard


Taking a break for the paparazzi
Say, "Cheese!"


Proudly bringing mom the finished product
Here's the card. The bunnies' faces are her thumbprints and the ears are from her pointer finger. Get it? "Thumb bunny"/"Somebody"...I'm hilarious


The inside: a Delilah original

I told Delilah we should leave it on Dad's side of the bed for when he gets home. She got super excited, but for all the wrong reasons. When I put her on the bed with the card, she frantically started throwing pillows and lifting covers. She thought Dada was IN bed, waiting for her to give him the card. I felt so bad...not my best mothering moment. This is a picture of her still upset but leaving the card.

Love you, sweetie.

5 comments:

Kele said...

Okay, if Chris doesn't feel like the luckiest man after this post, he never will!! Precious daughter... Amazing wife (and Mommy!)
P.S. Glad your better, I was about to start harassing you again for a post on my favorite RH!

Unknown said...

okay, this made me tear up.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

SOOOOOOO CUTE!

The Deming Four said...

oh that is just precious! I gave the boys crayons last week and they tried to eat them. is that normal?????

Team Leslie said...

That's adorable! And when they get to talk on the phone to each other....so sweet:)