Friday, February 5, 2010

Handmade Fashion Fridays

4 New Items. :)

First, a pair of skull camo pants for my darling nephew, Greyson. He's a nice big strapping boy, so clothes don't always fit him so well. So Auntie Rachael just HAD to sew something for him! :)

Happy Guy Here are some socks I knitted for Chris for Christmas. He's always jealous of my warm, fuzzy socks so I decided to make him some of his own!
I also made this 3/4 sleeve Kimono top/dress for Delilah. It's a little big, but should fit just right in a month or two!
And, last but certainly not least: Delilah's Baptism Dress. I knitted the top, sewed the double layer skirt and ran ribbons through the eyelet of the arms and waist. I can not lie: I am SO PROUD of it.



She looked beautiful in it, but she HATES frilly dresses so I couldn't get a good picture of her in it. As soon as I put it on, she started pulling at the neck and the hem and basically any place she could reach. And the yarn is soft and the underskirt is satin so I know it's not itchy...she just prefers more practical clothes. *Sigh. Maybe one day I can talk her into bows and tights and twirly dresses. :)
There you have it. I will hopefully be more prolific in the near future!!!

8 comments:

Cannon said...

Greyson LOVES his skull camo pants. We think they are pretty cool......thanks, Aunt Rachael!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

I mean, who are you??? Martha Stewart...watch out!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Wow, that dress is AMAZING and beautiful Rach...nice work!

Kele said...

You should be proud, it is beautiful! Seriously, you are so talented!
P.S. My feet get reeeallly cold in the winter too, love autumn colors, size 8. ;-)

amygunther said...

You are so talented! You could open your own baby boutique.

Summer Athena said...

oh my. love love love!

The Deming Four said...

what? When did I miss the mass email informing me that you were now taking orders....who is this greyson kid and how did he jump in line in front of your favorite twins????? just kidding. L.O.V.E. with kimono top. I named your Etsy Shop for you: "Red."

Team Leslie said...

You are amazing my friend! So talented. Love your stuff - especially the baptism dress. What a special treasure for her to have.