and I'm a Kix-aholic.
-I think that is the first sentence longer than 3 words that my daughter needs to learn. Because she has a problem and admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? We knew Red loved Kix, but we thought she had it under control. She swore she could quit any time. I mean, these first few pics just show a girl enjoying some breakfast.

That's right, our sweet little girl had managed to hide a cup of Kix in the cabinet. We don't keep anything in there, so I'm sure she thought she had the perfect hiding place. Who knows how long it was there or how often she got her Kix Fix? And how bad had this addiction become that she was willing to go for a few with her father in the room? Did she really think he wouldn't see her?
Here's a closeup of her stash.
We've never put that many in a cup for her at one time, which means that she was slowly building her stash. Tucking a Kix into her pocket here, or hiding it behind her back there, waiting until she could get up to her cup and desposit the goods.
We are working with her to break the addiction but these things are never easy. Here, we've put new snacks into her cup to distract her:
9 comments:
Grammy Di-Is praying for Delilah and her Mom & Dad for "open" communication and patience. Remember if God brought us to it...He will bring us through IT!!! Keep the faith.
I am cracking up! At least your child isn't addicted to blue cheese like mine. Imagine how that would smell in the bathroom cabinet!
Hmmmm, should we contact A&E? Just let me know if you do, would hate to be taken off guard if an 'Intervention' episode begins and 'poof' Red appears, without my getting a proper 'heads up' about the situation!
Lovin' Grammy Di's comment!!
And lovin you RED, Kix-head or not!
This made my day..I laughed SO HARD!
This post was too funny. The boys I used to babysit were addicted to Berry Berry Kix. I am not sure that they even make those anymore. Best of luck to Delilah learning to kick her Kix habit.
Go Red! Very cute...
HILARIOUS!
She is a genius! Are you surprised at all??
Hmmmm.....I am wondering if the Kix stash is a decoy and she is really keeping a stash of something else in another location.....too funny
Post a Comment