St. Patrick's Day top. I realized the night before that my little redhead had no warm-weather green clothes. The horror! :) So I whipped a little peasant top up for my leprechaun.
A few burp cloths for our dear friends in California who were expecting at the time. (And now she's here!...welcome, Roxy!!!!)
And this is a little top I made that was my first foray into stretchy, knit material. It has lettuce edged sleeves and hem, and is topstitched around the collar and armholes. I think it came out really cute and Delilah loves it. Hooray!
And this is a little top I made that was my first foray into stretchy, knit material. It has lettuce edged sleeves and hem, and is topstitched around the collar and armholes. I think it came out really cute and Delilah loves it. Hooray!
5 comments:
Cutest little leprecon ever! Mama is one talented lady!
BTW, did you do the knit on a serger or just a zig zag, kinda curious... would love to attempt myself!
Too cute, as usual - I am in awe of your talent... :)
Hi, Kele. I'm going to send you an email, too, but I thought I'd answer your question here in case anyone else wants to know. I used both. I used a serger for most of the seams and for the lettuce edging. I used a sewing maching w/ a straight stitch for the topstitching and a zigzag stitch for the collar...the collar was too small and round for me to attempt to use the serger with my limited skills. I think either way works just as well...I just like the way serged seams look. And whichever you use, make sure you use a ball point or stretch needle on knit fabric so you don't rip your fabric. Hope that helps!!
You are amazing...REALLY makes me want a sewing machine. I have wanted one for awhile, but you are very inspiring:) Love the burp cloths!
My mom tried to buy me a sewing machine on Black Friday last year but I pooh-poohed her idea. I keep telling her I have a friend who sews that is opening her own shop soon. So, are you gonna open it already or am I going to have to forfeit an otherwise perfectly good birthday gift from my mom in lieu of a sewing machine???? LOL! Love everything you make!
Post a Comment