Friday, April 16, 2010

First Baseball Game

For those of you who don't know, Chris is a DIE HARD baseball fan, especially the NL league, especially the Astros. It took longer than you would have thought, but we finally took Delilah to her first baseball game. While we were in Rockport, we made the quick trip over to Corpus Christi to watch two of the Astros farm teams (the Corpus Christi Hooks and the RoundRock Express) play each other.
Red has never seen a baseball field, but when we walked up the stadium stairs and she saw the field for the first time, she yelled out really loudly, "All Riiiigghhht!!!!" I'm pretty sure it made Chris's week. :)
We had great seats along the 3rd base line, and Red stayed put for the first two innings. Then we played in the awesome kids' area behind the outfield for awhile, then we came back and watched another inning or so. We had such a fun time...can't wait to do it again!

"Come on, Dad, we gotta get down there!"

Racing down our row.
The view from our seats. So close to the action!


First funnel cake. "Holy s*#$, Dad, have you tried this? Quit taking pictures and eat some. It's amazing!"
Family pic. The lady who took this picture said we were, "raising her right" by bringing our daughter to baseball games. So cute. :)

7 comments:

Grammy Di said...

What a great sight--No better place in the world than a baseball field in the springtime.
The lady was correct...you are raising her right!!!!!!!!

Kele said...

What fun, and I am right there with ya on the funnel cake! I pay 30 bucks to the State Fair just for funnel cake, lol!!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Go 'stros!! Didn't know Chris was such a fan--Matthew is too! I think I see a game together in our future:)

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

That is great! Oh how i wish you guys were in LA, weekends at the Pepperdine games are so much fun. Our girls would have had so much fun.

Oh and yes you are raising her right!! ;)

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I approve this blog post. :)

The Deming Four said...

I'm sorry but it is impossible for Lilah to get any cuter...seriously.

Team Leslie said...

All right! Priceless:)
Love her new haircut. Such a beautiful, smart, and awesome 2-year-old! ....with amazing parents:)