Monday, April 12, 2010

Rockport Vacation: Part II (Easter Egg Hunt!)

Last year, Delilah napped through her first Easter Egg hunt, and I had no idea if she'd be interested this year. She was EXTREMELY interested. The Easter Bunny hid a TON of eggs for D and the 4 boys and they had a blast finding them all.

The hunt is on!





Getting some help from Daddy and her sweet cousins



Enjoying the fruits of her labors



Sugar-induced meltdown. "Mommy...why can't I have my 1000th piece of chocolate before lunch?!?!?"


And I will end again with another picture of my favorite two people in the world. After the Easter hunt craziness, and the sugar meltdown, Chris took Delilah outside to cuddle on the porch. When she was all snuggled into his chest, he told her the story of Easter Sunday and why the day is so beautiful and important. Thank you, Lord, for my incredible blessings.

6 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Too sweet - I don't understand why you didn't let her have the 100th piece of candy...whats wrong with you????

Kurt said...

Help from her cousins who are apparently from the set of "toy Solders".

Very cute.

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Love it! Claire had a melt-down, and still has several melt-downs regarding her chocolate easter bunny and her easter basket--that is filled with chocolate. They just don't understand do they:) Love the Daddy Daughter pic--priceless!

Cannon said...

That is cute Chris told her the real story of Easter. A story about how our Lord is brutally beaten and crucified and left on the cross to die, while the people who love him the most don't understand and hide as they are scared for their lives for three days, and then he gets resurrected and actually still has the holes where he was nailed to the cross.....thats a great bed time story to help calm little kids down. JUST KIDDING!! It is kinda funny when you think of it in Mel Gibson terms though....

Rachael and Chris said...

Oh, sweet brother, you are too funny. I'm pretty sure Chris's version was a little more watered down. But as soon as I think Delilah's ready for it, I will definitely have her hear the full gory story from her Uncle Cannon.

Kele said...

Wow! That looks like an amazing place! Loving the BooHoo pic... taking candy from a baby? Seriously Rachel!!!!