Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Haircut!

Today is Delilah's birthday and while there will definitely be more on that later, I thought I'd take advantage of her naptime and post about her first hair cut this morning!!

The day started off with Mommy and Daddy singing Happy Birthday, and a giant Elmo balloon waiting at her table downstairs.



Then I decided that it was time to take the plunge and get Delilah her first haircut. She's needed one for a LONG TIME, but I've been avoiding it. And since her hair is curly and her bangs curl off to the side, I could trick myself into thinking it wasn't that long and it wasn't that scraggly. It was. Here are the befores. Don't judge.


(How cute are those converse shoes? Thanks, Mimi!)
In the red firetruck, all draped in a cape like a big girl.
Combing out the tresses. The only time Delilah cried was when Miss Colleen sprayed water on her hair to wet it down. After that, she was as good as gold. Of course, the steady supply of suckers and the Dora movie certainly helped!

The first chop! (Yes, I cried. Why do we moms do that?! It's just hair!!)


All done! What a big girl!
High-fiving Miss Colleen
Cute and sassy bob from the back.
My precious doll.

8 comments:

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

I can't stand it:) She is just so cute! Hope your day is going well...her hair looks cute and it is SO curly! Love ya! JG

Grammy Di said...

She is too beautiful for words.
Soooo absoulutely cute and adorable. Love the pink shoes. The haircut is totally Lila-Bear.
Happy 2nd B-Day big girl.

Laura said...

I am loving the bow. Absolutely precious!

ali said...

Happy birthday. Big girl, big girl. Love her new hair-do.
:)

Franca said...

Happy Birthday Delilah!!
So gorgeous with both her so-called scraggly hair and with her new pretty bob as far as I'm concerned!! I absolutely love her striped pj pants! I hope you guys had a fabulous day!
xoxo, Fra

The Deming Four said...

CUTEST girl ever!!!!! Happy Birthday Lilah!

Taytamay said...

Happy second birthday to Delilah. Hope we can meet her in person before her third birthday. She is absolutely gorgeous and so happy on her birthday.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

So stinkin' cute!!!!!!!!