Thursday, November 25, 2010

One Month Old!

Noelle is one month old today and, it being Thanksgiving and all, I bet you can guess what I'm most thankful for today. :)
This past month with our newest angel has been such a blessing. There have been a few nights where she slept for 6 hours or so, but most of the time she eats every 3-4 hours. The best part, though, is that she does not have her days and nights mixed up AT ALL. At night she promptly goes back to sleep after eating...now that I think about it, maybe that's actually what I'm most thankful for. :)
The next doctor's visit is at 2 months, but using the very scientific method of weighing myself holding her, and then weighing myself not holding her, she's around 11 pounds or so. Chunky monkey!
Noelle is extremely alert and likes to watch everything going on around her. So far she seems pretty serious...she's only flashed us a few smiles!! But she's a very content baby...a couple bouts of gassiness that led to some tears, but that's about it. I believe she has spent a total of 25 minutes not in someone's arms, so we'll see how she does when I start cutting the proverbial cord a bit.
Delilah does not seem to be showing an ounce of jealousy. The other day Noelle was crying in her car seat (in the kitchen, just before I loaded us up), and Delilah went over, rocked her, talked to her, and Noelle quieted down. Red looked at me and very proudly declared, "She not sad, Mommy, she happy. I did it!!!"
Nights are a little tricky b/c our king size bed is still in our Austin house for showing purposes, so we are in a queen. Which is fine at 10pm with just me and Chris, but when Delilah wanders in at 4am and then I have to feed Noelle, it gets a little crowded.
Noelle has just about the worst case of baby acne that I've ever seen. Red never had any, so I think Noelle may have inherited Red's share. Poor thing. They say it doesn't hurt, but it looks so red and uncomfortable!
Noelle loves to be swaddled and loves when I 'wear' her in my wrap. I didn't wear Delilah too much b/c it was summer, but the cold weather of winter makes it quite cozy!
The jury is still out on eye and hair color. Eyes are still blue and hair is...just about whatever you want it to be. Some people swear it's strawberry blonde and others swear it's dark blonde...and each group thinks the other group is crazy. And I can't even use her eyebrows to help out b/c those are pretty much non-existent...seriously, the kid has clear eyebrows.
She takes a pacifier, but I think as soon as she has control over her arms, she'll prefer her thumb or fingers...she tries so hard to get them in her mouth!!

Without further ado, here is our little bird. (So nicknamed b/c Delilah pronounces her name "No-Owl")

See...so serious!

And here are some pics from Thanksgiving. We had almost all the grandchildren there, and wanted to take a group shot with Mimi &PopPop. I think it turned out pretty well for having 8 kids in the pic. :)
My brother Cannon, Amy, & Greyson
Mimi & PopPop with my girls. :)
Thanksgiving was at my parents' house and everyone had such a great time. Love being closer to them!!!

4 comments:

ali k. said...

Clear eyebrows. Hahahaha!
:)

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Love it!! Especially love how Pop Pop & REd are wearing the same color shirt!

Laura said...

Yesterday was such a treat! Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming to spend the day and night with us. What a wonderful gift. But, it makes me miss you even more. Thanks for sharing your girls with us and giving me the chance to meet your newest angel.

Cheryl Clifton said...

The BEST THANKSGIVING EVER! Just wish our other 3 grandchildren cou
ld have joined us.
MiMi