We had a fantastic time. They arrived Friday night and I am DYING that I didn't have my camcorder ready b/c the second that Avari and Red saw each other, they squealed as loudly as possible, raced each other to the master bedroom, and started jumping wildly on the bed. It was the cutest reunion I think I've ever seen.
Saturday we had a lazy mimosa brunch morning, then took everyone to the park. We returned home, put the girls down for a nap, turned on some football, and I made Thanksgiving dinner. Last year I went all out and made everything from scratch, but in light of Noelle having been born the week before, I took it a little easier this year. :) Only the turkey and pecan pie were made from scratch, everything else was store bought (except Chris's delicious mashed potatoes).
After dinner, the girls got into their Halloween costumes and we went on our own trick-or-treat outing. The adults had candy in our pockets, and we took turns running ahead of the girls, stopping at the end of a driveway, and waiting for the girls to get to us and say 'Trick-or-Treat!". We just moved here, and I'm sure our neighbors thought we were crazy, but the girls couldn't have had more fun!!
The girls DESPERATELY needed a bath at the end of the day. In the first pic, they are sitting in an empty tub while already wet b/c the first round of water got so dirty we had to drain and re-fill. They clearly had a fantastic day!
We planned to have a nice adult evening, but I have to admit that Delilah ruined that plan. Avari sacked out around 8 or 8:30, but Delilah was just too wound up for bed. It took HOURS to get her to go to sleep. By the time she was done, so was I, and I headed for bed while Kurt/Joie/Chris stayed up. Based on a few other visits, I'm convinced that Red associates the Hauschilds with party-time...when we're all together, sleep is not always her friend. :)
3 comments:
What a perfect Thanksoween! Love it!
Lovely! Can't believe you cooked; nursing? baby? A two-year old, house guests and cook??/ Superwoman!!!
Thanks again for having us, we had a GREAT time!
Post a Comment