We started our celebration on Saturday, at the neighborhood park. Every year there is a Halloween parade where the kids walk around the entire park, and stop at stations along the way to say 'trick or treat' and receive candy. Upon arriving, Delilah's response was basically, "you mean I get to walk around, get candy, have people ooh and ahh over me, and then I get to play on the slide?...this is the best day ever!!!"
Delilah spent the majority of last week at Mimi & PopPop's house, and the awesome Mimi produced a tutu/princess dress that Delilah fell in love with. So she was a ballerina/princess for Halloween...it may be the worst color ever for Red, but she still managed to look adorable.
Trick or Treat!
Mommy, 5-day-old Noelle, and Red
Taking it all in with Daddy
"Listen, Mr. Light Year, you are NOT going up this slide before me!!"
And this last pic is from Halloween night itself.
Delilah had a blast running up to all the doors, looking at the pumpkins, and taking in all the costumes. If somebody opened the door wearing a scary costume, Delilah would squeal happily, turn to me, and exclaim, "Ooooh, Fooky, Mommy...it's Fooky!!" She comprehends quite well what is spooky (spiders and skeletons) and what's not (pumpkins and princesses), but she doesn't have a clue that she's supposed to be scared by any of it. It's pretty cute! :)
--Oh, I almost forgot: quote of the night: Upon seeing Delilah, an older trick or treater asked earnestly, "Do you have makeup on her to make her look like a doll, or is she really just that pale?" I think we all know the answer to that one...
10 comments:
She is so precious! That's a very fancy, girly dress she has fallen in love with. Is she coming over to the pink side?
hahahaha!!! I love it all! The dress is AWESOME and the Quote of the night - thats just great!
And look at you, hot mama! Holy mackerel, 5 days post-partem and at the park! Good for you...but OUCH! Take it easy those first 40 days.
Wow--That is the most beautiful/ballerina costume ever. She did look like a beautiful Doll! What a fun Halloween. Way-Fun!!!!
Precious and fun! And, um, you look amazing. xo
My only question is this--How in the world are you sitting comfortably on the GROUND 5 days after pushing sweet Noelle out of your body!?! :)
G.L.A.M.O.U.R.O.U.S.!!!!
And I love your Moby Wrap...I still haven't used mine for Finn yet. Guess I wasn't in much of 'wearing my baby' mode after he arrived:( Love you girl!
um...I love her!
oh, yeah and I second the..."you look amazing" comments! cause, you do! Love you!
Even though we just saw you 2 days ago, I have to say you do indeed look absolutley beautiful! We love you Huntley's, all of you are beautiful!!!
MiMi and PopPop
Gorgeous girls and wonderful photos to keep your fans in the loop.
Post a Comment