Tuesday, January 25, 2011

3 Months!

What?!?!? 3 Months? Impossible!!
Everyone said that time would fly once you start having children, but I never found that to be the case with Delilah. Everything seemed to happen about when it should...but trying to comprehend the fact that Noelle was born 3 months ago is nearly impossible. I've already had to start packing away clothes that she's outgrown and it makes me want to cry. No doctor's visit until 4 months, so she's unofficially about 13 pounds. And officially adorable. Hasn't rolled over again, but I have to take much of the blame. How can she ever roll over if I'm holding her all the time? Seriously, I've made an art of it. Tonight I made an entire batch of spaghetti and garlic bread from scratch and never set her down once. It's a gift.
I'm starting to really see the differences between her and Delilah and it's both fun and frustrating. Fun, b/c I get to see them both as individuals, and frustrating b/c what used to work to make Red happy doesn't always work on Noelle. Unlike Red, Noelle loves her swing (hooray), and hates to be swaddled and held close when she's upset (boo). Noelle likes to be wrapped up in her blanket, but wants her hands free. Which will probably be great once she has more control over them, but she still has a tendency to hit herself in the face, which isn't so great. :)
I am OBSESSED with the way she smells, and can't stop sniffing her sweet little head. She pouts like a champion and can stick out her bottom lip farther than seems humanly possible. Sleeps like a champion, too (thank you, God!)...takes her last feeding around 10pm, then sleeps until about 6am. I still don't sleep that well b/c I'm always half-awake, waiting for her to wake up. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon!
She is absolutely beautiful and I am so thankful that I get to be her mom. I love you, Noelle!
Rare smiling shot.  Her smiles aren't rare at all, but capturing them on camera is!
She 'talks' all the time, and this is a candid of her mid-sentence. :)



I've mentioned before that she doesn't always need to be held, but she does always need to be able to see someone. This is what happened in the time it took to walk to the trash can and throw away the "3 Months" sign. :)

"I'm adorable, dontcha think?"

6 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

She is toooo sweet!

Laura said...

How could it have already been three months? Not possible. I wish I got to hold her and look at her and snuggle her everyday. Miss you guys!

Grammy Di said...

Way Cute!!!!I hate to brag but doggone it we Huntley's have really beautiful babies. Love the update. Can't wait to get back to Texas and kiss her up!!!

Taytamay said...

I had missed the previous blog entry so today I got a double treat! It's wonderful to keep this journal for the girls. Thanks for sharing. Noelle is absolutely adorable. Maybe one day we'll meet both girls in person.

Team Leslie said...

Totally agree, #2 is going WAY TOO FAST!! Definitely makes it easier to try to endure the "challenges" and soak up everything.

ali k. said...

Sweet, sweet face.