Monday, October 24, 2011

No Good

I hope when my girls are older and perhaps one day have kids of their own, they think of me as a great mom. Hopefully they will remember more good than bad. But just in case they remember too much good, this post can serve as a reality check.

Today is no good.
Today I am not a good mother.
Today my kids are not good kids.
Today my temper is short and my energy level is low.
Today I am sad and wishing I was better at this mothering thing.

But tomorrow is another day.

And it's a birthday!

4 comments:

Franca said...

Hopefully today is a better day!! And, I think you're allowed to have a few days like this one; they're probably inevitable...I'm sure it doesn't feel good and it's probably pretty trying but I'm pretty sure it doesn't at all take away from how awesome a mamma I know you are! So good luck with trying to skew your kids memories any other way lady!! Sending you hugs, hugs, and more hugs!! xoxo. p.s. Whose birthday is it??? p.p.s. can you please send me your address?

Laura said...

These are the days when you would come over to my house, and we could laugh at our imperfections. Oh how I miss (and need) those days! I was just reading a devotional about how God gave us the gift of only needing to be "good enough." And, my friend, you are way more than good enough. You are one of the best moms I know.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

As Avari says "I'll try again tomorrow"...she gives good advice. You are a GREAT mom -and not every day will be a winner - and it takes a STRONG and GREAT mom to admit it.

runneth-over said...

Oh, sister!!! I just saw this!!! We need a date because I have been feeling the EXACT SAME WAY. We can compare horror stories. :) You are a beautiful mother and your vulnerability and honesty are huge parts of that. Your kids have a REAL mommy and thank God for that! Let's talk soon! Love you.