A fews after we celebrated Red's birthday as a family, we had a little party at our home for her friends in the building. We were also blessed to be joined by Ali & Millie all the way from Texas (that post is coming soon!).
I had asked Delilah what she wanted as the theme, and after some serious competition from SpiderMan & My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake won out. The only thematically appropriate decorations to be found were at Party City, in mid-town. So the morning of the party, Ali, Millie, Delilah, Noelle, and myself took a cab down there. I loaded up my cart and then made the brilliant decision to buy a dozen helium-filled balloons. These are the times that I miss the ease of a car: trying to find one of the mini-van cabs with 3 girls under 4, two moms (one of whom is 8 months pregnant), while carrying two shopping bags and a dozen balloons. Did I mention we had no strollers so Ali & I were both holding wriggling toddlers as well? :) I think it might have even been sprinkling, but I could be making that up for effect. Suffice to say, it was actually really funny and we did manage to make it home in one piece!
We set up for the party, and around 5pm we were joined by 6 adults and ten kids, making it 9 adults and 13 kids in all...how could we not have had a good time?
The kids went crazy and the parents sipped wine and it was all over around 7 or 7:30. I have NEVER seen the girls' rooms destroyed so thoroughly, so I know there was a ton of playing going on. Delilah loved having everyone sing to her, and the dessert was a hit. I decided to forego the usual cupcakes and embrace the theme by making individual strawberry shortcake push-up pops...they weren't ready for their magazine close-up or anything, but I think they came out pretty well.
Lots of fun and Delilah slept until 8:30 the next morning...unheard of in this house!!
And here's the update on 4 year old Delilah:
Height: 39.25" (75th%)
Weight: 37.5 lbs (10th%)
BMI: 16.9 (50th%)
So physically she's tall and skinny and perfectly healthy. This is what else I know about you at 4, Delilah:
-you live for Saturdays when you make pancakes with Daddy
-you live for Friday mornings when you get to take ballet "clessons" (you've combine classes and lessons into your own hybrid word)
-you live for undressing your sister out of her normal clothes and then dressing her back up in princess dresses. With heels and a crown and jewelry and anything else she'll let you put on her.
-you live for Mommy. You are still my little sidekick.
-you live for chasing birds. You promise me you will catch one someday.
-you live for puzzles (you can do 100 pieces now!!) and art and cooking.
-you live for cooking shows. When you get overstimulated, you will ask me or Daddy if you can watch a cooking show to relax.
-you live. period. you embrace life more than just about anyone I know. In a group of kids you are always the one laughing the hardest, smiling the biggest, and just trying to embrace every moment to the fullest.
Sweet Red, you are so funny and interesting and smart and kind. There is no one like you...your daddy, your sister, and I can't believe we get to spend every day with you. Love you, sweetheart.
Saturday, May 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Beautiful! Our own little "Strawberry Shorcake" Delilah Style. Thanks Rach for being such a great Mom!
It begs to be mentioned that Delilah had on at least 3 outfits during her party: Cupid Princess, Pocahontas & Red Stripes...she does, in fact, live fully and it is a beautiful thing!
Such a treasure to celebrate with your precious family!! It was a great party for kids and adults alike, complete with costume changes and a party foul! Girlfriend, quit taking hard earned weeks and months away from me-- I am having this baby in three weeks!
WOW! What fun!! SO MUCH fun! Happy Day to you Red!
Oh, I wish we could have joined the celebration!
1. Love your smile in the mom pic...you look so smitten with that girl...and I know you are!
2. What an awesome theme!
3. Did you save me a push pop? Perfect!
4. D has always been the one who is having the best time. That's my favorite thing about her. I hope it never stops.
Post a Comment