This past Saturday, we loaded up the girls and a stroller and took the 1 hr subway ride to Coney Island. Best. Saturday. Ever. Well, maybe not ever, but certainly the best Saturday in a long time. We started off at the Aquarium, where we enjoyed the animals and a sea lion show. But Delilah had seen the beach on our way in, and would not be deterred from swimming. So after our short jaunt to the aquarium, we headed for the boardwalk. Hot dogs, ice cream, draft beers, french fries, what's not to love? Noelle took the world's shortest nap while Chris & Red played in the ocean. When Noelle woke up, the girls played in a little splash pad that's right on the beach. A giant palm tree sprays water on the sand, which was perfect for the non-swimming Ellie Bug. We did lose Delilah for two minutes, and I have never been so scared in my life. Ever. The beach is huge and looking out in to that sea of people while trying to find such a tiny being just took my breath away. Fortunately, she was actually right where we had left her, just blocked by some people who had moved in front of her.
We played in the sand and surf all afternoon, then rinsed off, changed, and headed home.
 |
| Noelle is ready to take on the boardwalk! |
 |
| In the aquarium |
 |
| Playing with Daddy before the sea lion show |
 |
| "I see you" |
 |
| She LOVES sunglasses!! |
 |
| Deciding which ice cream flavor to get |
 |
| Sharing a cone |
 |
| Coming in from the ocean. Delilah could not get enough of the waves. |
 |
| I adore this picture |
 |
| The girls got so cold when the clouds rolled in. Here I am trying to warm them up! |
 |
| There are no words that adequately express how much I love this picture. |
Like Chris said, it felt like we were on vacation!!! We can't wait to do it again.
5 comments:
Wow! Looks awesome. Glad you had fun and Delilah wasn't truly lost.
aww.. I love it! You guys are just the sweetest!!
I LOVE this post, especially that last picture, you are both so happy!
Love the picture of the girls working in the sand and the one of you and Delilah is magical!!
Such a perfect day! So much fun!
Post a Comment