A couple weeks ago we went camping and It. Was. Awesome. We rented a car and headed about 2.5 hours north to Copake, NY and the Taconic Mountain Range. It was a beautiful drive and the girls haven't been in the car for almost a year, so they were angels, content to look out the window and listen to music.
We stayed in a cabin at a little family-oriented campground. There was a pool and a playground, and every cabin had its own firepit and grill out front. Delilah and Noelle were in HEAVEN. We stayed from Thursday to Sunday and nobody was ready to leave. Delilah kept saying she wanted the cabin to be her new home. She also asked why our houses keep getting smaller. :)
One of my favorite things about the trip was that the playground was directly across from our cabin, which meant the girls could go by themselves while Chris and I watched from our picnic table. They loved getting to go by themselves and we loved watching the girls play together. Delilah is so caring with Noelle, and Noelle wants to be wherever Delilah is, doing whatever Delilah is doing. I had no idea when Noelle was born how much I would love watching my girls play together...few things warm my heart more.
 |
| Delilah and Noelle slept in bunkbeds. Delilah LOVED her little bunk with a window. |
 |
| Happy, tired girls. |
 |
| A favorite pasttime was throwing pebbles in the puddles in front of our cabin |
 |
| Delilah coloring at our cabin's picnic table. She wanted to do EVERYTHING outside. |
 |
| Daddy getting his girl to sleep |
 |
| We went hiking at nearby Bash Bish Falls. Please note Delilah's self-selected hiking outfit. |
 |
| Happy Chris. :) |
 |
| Not always a Norman Rockwell picture around here. Delilah did have a meltdown on the trail b/c she wanted to go swimming so badly. |
 |
| Noelle LOVES this backpack. |
 |
| Our little woodland sprite. |
 |
| We hiked into Massachussetts! |
 |
| The beautiful falls |
 |
| I love her sweet little face in this picture |
 |
| The Huntley Girls |
 |
| First S'mores! |
 |
| Our tired crew resting in the cabin at night |
 |
| We visited the most idyllic sheep farm. This is Delilah picking a flower in front of the barn. |
 |
| She loved the sheep |
 |
| Noelle could not be troubled to see the sheep farm. |
 |
| We went to a breathtaking sculpture garden. You can see Chris & Noelle walking, and if you look closely inside the sculpture, you can see the spot of pink that is Delilah. |
 |
| Delilah loved walking around the giant open fields and coming across the sculptures. Our little artiste. |
 |
| Delilah taking a break on one of her favorites. |
The last picture is of the beach at Taghkanic State Park, where we stopped to play for several hours on our way home. I left the camera in the car, so this is just a stock photo I found on the internet. I had to include a pic b/c it was perhaps the highlight of our trip. The girls played for HOURS on the beach-- racing in and out of the water, playing in the sand, and just doing what little girls do.
The whole trip was such a nice (and much-needed) break for all of us. I love NYC, but I also love that within 30 minutes you can be back in the middle of nature. Our first family vacation was definitely a hit, and I can't wait to go on another one!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
What a perfect trip. And I think (and definitely know Makinley thinks) that zebra print is a must for all hiking adventures.
Post a Comment