Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Must Remember This

Delilah and I had the most amazing conversation about 3 months ago, and I realized that I wrote about on Facebook, but I never wrote it down here. I want to remember this forever:

D: Why did Daddy call Grammy Di his mommy?
me: B/c she is his mommy.
D: Oh, then I guess Papa H is his daddy, Mimi is your mommy, and PopPop is your daddy?
me: Yes (no idea how she worked all that out in half a second). And actually, I have two mommies...Mimi is one of them.
D: Where is the other one?
me: Well, she got really sick and died and went to heaven before you were born.
D: oh....I bet you miss her and that makes you so sad. But that's why God gave you daughters...we can love you like your mommy did. I love you so much, Mommy.

Oh, my sweet precious angel.  I don't know what I did to deserve you.  I love you, Delilah.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Tears streaming down my face. You know where her little heart got those words. Your sweet mom is making sure you always know how much she loves you. And getting to have D and N to help you remember that is a pretty sweet gig!

ali k. said...

Oh my gosh, how touching and exquisite.