I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet! About a month ago, Delilah's ballet class had a parents' day, where we could come in and watch. Chris couldn't make it (but he had seen her class just two weeks earlier!), so it was just me and Noelle. It's hard enough keeping Noelle out of Red's class when the door is closed...but being in the class itself and expecting Noelle to sit on a folding chair for 45 minutes?...forget it. Red's class is very small, so I asked the teachers and parents beforehand if they would mind a little toddler running around a bit; luckily, everyone was very understanding. :)
I love that some of these pictures capture Delilah's pure love of dance. I have never seen her as enchanted as she is when she is in the ballet studio. She's only 4, so I won't say she's a prodigy or that she's better than anyone else in her class, b/c she's not. But she does love it more than anyone else in that room...it's beautiful.
 |
| The way we start out every class |
 |
| I thought food might keep Noelle in her chair |
 |
| I was wrong. Noelle HAD to join class, and Delilah was so very happy to have her |
 |
| Adagio time when they dance around the room. It's Delilah's favorite part of class. |
 |
| Pure leaping joy. |
 |
| Noelle, still part of the class. The other students even went and got Noelle her own wand. |
 |
| Look at her sweet little face! You can almost hear her saying, "I want to be just like you!" to her teacher. |
 |
| Ending the class by saying thank you to the pianist. |
 |
| A crown and award for participation. |
 |
| We love Miss Danielle! |
Keep dancing to your own beat, sweet Red. And I hope music always inspires and moves you. Last night at dinner, we had classical music playing and you looked up at me and your dad and spontaneously said, "This song sounds like love". You are simply magical.
5 comments:
And she looks like love. These pictures are perfect.
Just this morning I was wondering how D's ballet lessons were going...
It's lovely to see the pure joy that dancing brings to her! Yes.
Wow, that is some love. She is GLOWING, she LOVES to dance!!!
you're certainly in the best place on earth for learning and growing in ballet! Today in a class of 4 four year olds...blink and then it could be the NYC Ballet, baby!
Ummmm, yes she is the best one in her class. I've been there, I know. Unless, one of her classmate's mom reads this blog. In that case, I suppose they tied. But, like I said, I've seen the class and consider myself an expert on little girl ballet. She's the best.
Post a Comment