Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Apple Picking!!!

The church we joined goes apple picking every year to an adorable farm (Wilton Farm? Wilson?) about an hour north of Manhattan.  Everybody meets at the church around 9am, then caravans (I'm still always shocked when NYC'ers own cars) up to the farm. This sounded like too much fun to miss, so we signed up to go.  Sadly, Chris severely pulled a muscle in his neck/shoulder so he couldn't go.  He NEVER misses anything, so I know he must have been in so much pain. :(   We take the bus to church, and there was no way I could finagle both girls and two carseats by myself, so Noelle stayed home with Daddy. Leaving Delilah was simply not an option because she had been talking ALL WEEK about going apple picking.
It was a beautiful day and I'm pretty sure the pictures speak for themselves.


Waiting on the sidewalk outside the church...can you tell somebody was ready to go?!?!?


Ever the photographer, Delilah took this picture of me

Ian and Maggie rode in the car with us. They are precious newlyweds who just moved here from England. They both went to Oxford, and he's now getting his PhD at Columbia.  Delilah LOVED them and followed them everywhere. They originally said they didn't want to have kids until he was done with school, but by the time we drove home Maggie said Delilah had moved up their time frame. :)

Proudly holding the apple picking basket


They had bins of apples for...what? I don't know...people too lazy to pick the apples? Delilah was not impressed







Another Delilah shot

We rode the trailer from the orchard back to the farm. Delilah LOVED it!

Love this pic

Okay, I saved the best pic for last. Delilah saw this tree and was ENCHANTED! I mean, seriously, does this photo not look like the cover of a children's book?!?!?!?
Perfection
Noelle and Chris were sorely missed, but it was really fun to have a mother/daughter day with Red. We shared a dozen apples and even more giggles. Oh, sweet Delilah, I love watching you experience the world.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What a perfect day! And that last picture is perfection...I might just make greeting cards out of it myself. And I am NOT surprised that D help move someone's baby timetable along...obviously she would do that!

ali k. said...

What a fabulous photographer D is!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

She is SO HAPPY in these pictures - you are right, there was NO leaving her at home that day!!!