Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Carving on the Roof

It's funny what you have to change when you move to a big city. There are little things you never think about until they crop up, like: where do you carve a pumpkin when you don't have a backyard? You can do it inside, of course, but that's no fun and it really is such a messy affair. Well, this past Saturday brought absolutely beautiful weather after a week of rain, so we headed up to the roof of our building!
Delilah has been asking to carve a pumpkin for weeks and weeks and weeks. She was so excited that it was finally time that she had to get dressed for the occasion...in her 4th of July outfit. Whatever makes her happy, right?
 
Pulling out the messy pumpkin guts

Playing ring-around-the-rosie while Chris & I finished removing pumpkin guts


Tracing the face outline

Carefully carving with together

Happily coloring while her sister carved


So proud!!!


Delilah took this shot. :)
 And I will end with a shot of the girls in the adorable Halloween outfits Grammy Di sent.
 
While I went to school Sat morning, Chris took them to the park like this. He said they could hardly walk a few steps without somebody smiling and/or commenting on the girls. Seriously, wouldn't seeing these two walking on the street brighten your day?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Yes, it would totally brighten my day! And I happen to think that a Fourth of July outfit is the perfect pumpkin-carving attire.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

This is precious...and, to be honest, until I read this post, I NEVER considered carving my pumpkin outside, I have always done it inside. NOT THIS YEAR!!! (midwest girl!)