I truly love Halloween in our building. All the kids just race down the hallways, and up stairs, and down elevators. Parents lose children but never worry because all the kids are always with somebody's parents and we know we will all meet up again at some point. A group of us usually gets together before trick-or-treating starts so that the kids can eat, and the parents can take pics and drink cocktails. This year, we met up at Rabiya's apartment, but we almost missed the pre-party because of a slight makeup crisis with Delilah. She wanted to be a fairy this year, and when we bought her costume, she saw a stage makeup kit that she just HAD to have. For almost half an hour, I painstakingly applied the makeup just as the kit directed, using stencils and everything to create a fantasy/fairy/butterfly sort of look. After years in the theatre, I'm actually pretty good at this stuff. Delilah took one look in the mirror when I finished and started sobbing that she hated it. I was devastated. Not because of my efforts, but because it broke my heart knowing how excited she had been and how disappointed she was in how it looked on her. So we set about scrubbing it off...theatre makeup does not come off with a splash of soap and water, so taking it off took about as long as putting it on. Fortunately, Grammy Di saved the day and helped get Noelle ready so that at least we didn't miss the whole party at Rabiya's. And within 10 minutes, Delilah had completely forgotten about the entire fiasco and was her usual happy self again.
 |
| As the evening begins! |
 |
| Princess Sofia and Princess Fairy! |
 |
| All the kids were DYING to go trick or treating...except Miss Delilah who was too busy eating FOUR pieces of pizza! |
 |
| Keira, Lyla, Noelle, and Delilah. I LOVE Noelle's face!! |
 |
| The group: Maya, Keira, Lyla, Red, Noelle, and Mia |
 |
| One of their babysitters who lives in our bldg., Miss Amy |
 |
| On her way to school that morning! So cute!!!! |
1 comment:
They look beautiful! Trick-or-treating there looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment