First things first, for those of you who don't know, we have decided to name our little girl Delilah. Delilah DiAnne Huntley. We already call her Lila for short and sometimes D. My dear friend Angie calls her Miss D. :) I absolutely hate the nickname "DeeDee", which makes me positive that this is what our little girl will want to be called when she gets older. A big thank you to all who played our little name game...I was really touched that so many people played it and wanted to figure it out...so sweet of all of you!!! Only a couple people guessed Delilah on the first try; most people missed the fact that we had registered with 2 "L"'s, so that led to some cute choices. The most common incorrect guesses were Hadlie and Dehlia and we also got Lehdia, Lideah, Delhali, Delliah, and, my personal favorite: Hildae. I think for our next baby we're going to say we're playing the same game, but really just register for a bunch of random letters and see if we like any of the guesses that you clever people come up with.
And now for the other reason I'm writing: Delilah received her first Valentine in the mail! Our friends Emily and Jeff have an adorable 9 month old named Cole and although he can't really speak or write yet, he communicated to Emily that he wanted to send this cute Valentine to Delilah.


So cute! I read it to Delilah and she said that she is extremely excited to be Cole's Valentine. She knows that he has many cute girlfriends that he probably sent Valentines to, but she wants him to know that as soon as she makes her appearance in April or May, she will leave all her competition in the dust.
Oh, and since our little girl already has her first admirer in utero, Chris has started cleaning his shotgun and practicing his menacing glare 15 years before he thought he'd need to.
6 comments:
Oh wow...makes me feel great to know we have a shotgun being cleaned for our son. j/k. We can't wait for Delilah to get here! -cole's mama
Hey, Em...it's not being cleaned for Cole; we know he's a fine young man from a nice, upstanding family. Chris is just worried now about the other boys who may come a-knockin'. :)
That has to be the SWEETEST thing I have ever heard! And I am a Valentine's Day Grinch!!!
Can you post a photo of Chris cleaning his shotgun?
The only way the boys could escape Chris' rampage would be to swim away...we know he'd never catch them then! (Oh yeah, I heard about his swimming "prowess")
Love you all and I can't wait to see my new cousin!
Delilah DiAnne- I love the name! From a teacher's point of view, it's a keeper....
Cole does have excellent taste- we are anxious to see you this weekend. I love the post about being pregnant-it's a club you earn every moment in. (It's the best club in the world to be a member of!)
Love, GG
Post a Comment