Sunday, February 3, 2008

NYC Trip

I just got back from spending a fantastic week in New York City. I have an amazing group of friends up there and they invited me for a girls' weekend/baby shower. (My first baby shower!) I stayed with my friend Angie in her new apartment (which is gorgeous) and she was the most lovely hostess, as usual. So it was Angie, me, Summer, Shannon, and then Franca and Margot joined us from Toronto. We all went to the same acting conservatory in NYC a bazillion years ago and have stayed close ever since.

The weekend was full of great talks, lots of food and wine (well...lots of wine for them), shopping, walks through the city, long brunches, and a day of shower festivities. I was spoiled rotten with a ridiculous amount of presents and I already know that my baby girl has 5 aunts in the northeast who could not be more excited to meet her. The shower itself was absolutely beautiful and touching...there were the fun presents, of course, but much more important than that was the spirit that my friends brought to the event. They truly honored this new phase that I'm about to enter and focused not only on what's to come, but also paid homage to the past gifts that were given to us by our own mothers.
I don't really have that many pictures from the trip b/c I grew lazy and let everyone else take pictures. As soon as I get them from the girls, I will come back to this entry and post them. In the meantime, enjoy a few candid shots that I took when we all went to Angie's boyfriend's apartment and borrowed his Segway.

Summer coming down the hall on the Segway


Jason is happy with his Segway prowess

Franca coming to a screeching halt. We left many a rubber mark on those baseboards. We also made a lot of noise in the halls...at one point a cute little boy came out and asked us to be quiet b/c it was past his bedtime and he had to get up for school the next day. Oops!



Summer and Rach


Thank you, beautiful women, for such a wonderful time. I love you all so much and can't wait for us all to be together again...next time we meet we'll have a new addition to the AADA Sisterhood!!!

1 comment:

dragoness said...

whoooooo in NYC has ana apartment that they need a segway to get around in???

Love the shot of the DDH equation...