Sunday, February 3, 2008

Nursery Surprise

So while I was away in NYC for a week (see below), Chris was busy setting up a little surprise for me. During the time I was gone, he cut and installed crown molding, primed the entire room, painted 3 coats of white paint on all the trim (the molding, chair rail, baseboards, doors, and door frames), then painted two coats each of differing shades of pink above and below the chair rail. I knew he was going to do a little work while I was gone, but I had no idea that he planned to get the entire shell of the nursery ready!!!! It's just further proof that I have the most thoughtful, loving husband in the world. Thank you, honey...you're incredible.


Here are some before and after pics of his handiwork:
Here's Chris testing paint colors before I left...do you really think I would have let him pick colors without my approval?! :)
Here's a before shot of the side with the closet
And here's an after of that side. I love it!
Another after shot. You can't tell that the trim and doors have been painted in these pictures, but it made a huge difference. Before, they were kind of an almondy/cafe au lait color...now they're bright white!



Here's a before shot of the room in general

And an after shot of the room. The lighting isn't right, but this was the only angle from which I could almost get the whole room. The color of the pinks in this pic are wrong...the other pictures are a better representation of what the colors look like in real life.

And this is a close up on Chris's molding work. I still can't believe he did it...I mean, who thinks it's fun to cut and install their own crown molding?!! (Besides my dad, of course)

I'm excited to keep decorating now. Yes, I'm fully aware that our daughter would be happy sleeping in our room in a drawer lined with blankets, and that decorating the nursery is more for the parents than for the child. That said, it's a lot of fun and how often do you get to decorate in pink?

6 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Kurt not Joie Says: Stupid Huntley, making the rest of us look bad. I mean honestly 3 coats of white AND THEN pink!!! Must not have been any soccer on TV...

It looks great! Well done Huntley.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

It sooooooo cute! I can't wait to decorate Avari's room when we get our own place. Love the pink! Love the shoes, love the bag, love everything!!!

TeamRiss said...

Way to go, Chris! What a fabulous surprise. If you ever want to lend a hand with some projects in Dallas, we've got a guest room. It looks wonderful!

The Guidroz Family said...

No way!!! It looks so good! Well played, Chris, well played...

ali said...

awww. that's the sweetest.

and the pink looks fantastic!

Summer Athena said...

love it!!!!! love love love it!