Tuesday, August 5, 2008
First Fever
The little munchkin is currently sick for the first time. She woke up crying around 4:30 this morning and was burning up when I touched her; I took her temp and it was 102 degrees. After a visit with the doctor, we don't really know what's wrong. It's not an ear or throat infection, but her white blood cell count is elevated. Probably just a summer cold, but I'm supposed to bring her back tomorrow so they can re-evaluate her and give me the results from some of the tests they ran. We were at the doctor's for 2.5 hours and she had to get blood drawn from her heel, a catheter inserted for a urine sample, and a shot of antibiotics in her thigh. She was quite the little trooper...here's a picture of her passed out from exhaustion. My poor little baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ohhh...poor Delilah! I hope she feels better soon!
The 1st cold is always the scariest. I hope she gets better soon.
Poor poor Delilah. However, she looks so peaceful sleeping. Just precious! Get well soon, pumpkin.
You poor thing! I am so sorry...Claire has her first little cold as well, but no fever luckily! I hope it clears soon...
oh dear ~ that photo just break my heart. poor peanuttle. i hope she feels better very soon.
Poor thing! How are YOU holding up!? Love you!
Post a Comment