Monday, November 10, 2008

2 Things I Didn't Know:

1. I didn't know that I'm supposed to be embarrassed about having a mommy blog. Lately I've come across articles in magazines where women sheepishly 'admit' that they have a mommy blog and I've been around women who hesitate to say out loud that they have one. I guess it's viewed as dorky (btw, how dorky is the word "dorky"?!...love it!) or something, but I don't get it. Despite her inability to do much besides roll over, giggle, eat, and chew toys, my daughter evokes an inordinate amount of pride in me and I am glad to have a place to show her off. I was going to ask if any of the mommy bloggers who read this have ever felt embarrassed, but I don't want to know...what if you convince me to feel the same way?! :)

2. I didn't know that part of me would hate the Lilypie ticker. Seriously, it sits there and silently taunts me, "Delilah is a day older. And a day older. And now a week older. And now a week and a day older." But I keep it up there b/c I know how much I like being able to see it on other people's sites. So, for now, it stays. But if you come back one day and it's missing, know that Lilypie had it coming...

8 comments:

Amy Molander said...

I didn't know the first one either! I did know that some people keep blogs and don't tell anyone (what would be the point of that?!) but I never thought it would be something to be embarrassed about. I have been picky about who I've told about my blog, but only because I don't want to have to be so careful about what I put on it (like complaining about my mom, for example :-)
And unfortunately the lilypie ticker may go away, but she'll still grow up. It's hard, and it just gets worse. Rebekah is about to turn 4 in a few months, and I remember like it was yesterday when she was 6 months old. My advice? Take lots of pictures, give her tons of hugs and kisses, and don't stop either of those things. My 2 little ones are very touchy-feely, and Bekah will crawl up in my lap at any given opportunity. And for a moment she's a baby again, snuggling in my arms.
So, when do I finally get to meet the precious baby? Hopefully before she's 4 ;-)

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

What??? Embarassed about the blog?? I LOVE my blog and my family LOVES my blog. They love that they can keep up with all of Avari's activities and growing up. This is suppose to be dorky?? Is this like being a Trekkie...are we so submurged in our "blog" world that we don't realize its weird?? Nahhh... I don't think so.
Oh..and as far as Big D getting bigger..its ok..think of all the fun stuff you STILL get to do. Like, when she goes to Disney World for the first time...or gets to go to Kindergarden for the first time- she will be so EXCITED!! That didn't help, did it??

The Deming Four said...

1. I'm not embarrassed in the least. I'm having too much fun to be concerned about the dork factor.

2. My ticker 'ticked' me off a long time ago. So I ticked it off my blog permanently. :)

TeamRiss said...

No. I am not embarrassed by my blog. I keep it up so others can see what is going on in my life, those out of state and city. If you're embarrassed, then quit it- how hard is that to figure out? And as for lilypie- you may have noticed, we do not have one on our blog. :)

Team Leslie said...

I second Em on both comments. And also, re: #1, I am super excited about printing my blog into a book(several different options for that) - no more stress about when & how I will get Avery's photo/baby albums completed....it's done, and in progress:)

Cheryl Clifton said...

It must be a grandmother thing. I love seeing how old she is and what she is experiencing now and I can't wait for the next steps in her life.

Kele said...

Hmmm...not sure how I missed this post, maybe I was too busy shamelessly BLOGGING!!!!
That should take care of #1, as for #2,
Yes, I understand, there is a true pain in my heart when I look at baby pics of Mikah, she has grown sooooo fast, so I can relate to wanting to punch any daily reminder of how fast time goes by!!

Shannon said...

I think you're fine... isn't is more embarrassing to have a blog and no children to show off? What kind of dork does that. Ahem.

As I'm sure you know quite well, those of us out-of-staters relish an easy way to see how everyone's doing.

And yours is so funny and honest and heartfelt. I love reading it.