Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby Food!

I made baby food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I baked sweet potatoes and boiled apples, then threw them in the food processor (separately), poured them into ice cube trays so that I could freeze smaller serving sizes and voila! Homemade, organic food is served!

Applesauce


Sweet Potatoes

Anyone else think the need to sew Halloween costumes and make baby food from scratch is my sad way of assuaging the guilt from being a working mom? I'm pretty sure it is... :)

7 comments:

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

That is great Rachel, and I am pretty sure I do things similar to this effect. For example I am trying to sew brynn's stocking and she has an amazing baby book and I am starting to sew other things for her too. I too think it is my internal guilt of being a working mommy. So cheers to you and organic homemade baby food. Great job.

Kele said...

Totally and completely impressed, you little hippie momma you!!

Shannon said...

Good work, Earth Mother!

I love that. I guess you can find baby food recipes online? Never occurred to me.

Amy Molander said...

I have a great book you may want to look into...it's called "Feed Me, I'm Yours" by Vicky Lansky. It has some great homemade baby food recipes and ideas. Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll loan you mine. And, by the way, I am very impressed with all that you do!!

Summer Athena said...

i think this is great. i plan on doing it too when the time comes. a lot of my "mom" friends have made their own baby food as well. good job! proud of you!

The Deming Four said...

I now have to go look up the word "assuaging."

We just tried our first helping of rice cereal today! It was so funny - we couldn't tell if the boys liked it or not!

Jana said...

I love making Jayden's baby food. I feel like I am really providing for her. Travis works to make the money...I cook! :) It works for me!