Saturday, June 13, 2009

I love Vegbee!!!

Vegbee is the profile name of the sweet, wonderful woman who runs a blog that helps novice sewers like me. She is continually posting new tutorials for adorable clothes that she has designed herself. Over the holidays I made her infant hat and below is my version of her apron top. I think it came out pretty well (and the adorable model doesn't hurt things at all). Thank you, Vegbee, for being so generous with your creativity!!!

Corset Back
Happy girl
(Quick update since originally posting this: We went to Borders after I took these photos and I had 3 people ask me where I bought her top. Which makes me happy b/c my whole life I've wanted to be creative and crafty and have NEVER been good at anything of the sort. I guess I just needed the right red-head for inspiration.)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I want a little red-headed girl so I can have a shirt like that too! Such a cutie! Good job, Sewing Momma!

Amy, Kevin and Josh

Cheryl Clifton said...

Rach,
the top is truly adorable!
Great job! See you soon sweetheart.
MiMi and Pop Pop

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

To you post update: Yea, cuz when I think Rachael I think "Man what a total lack of creativity..."

Kurt-

Grammy Di said...

Oh My Goodness--That top is the cutest thing I have every seen.
You are so creative. Way to go!
Too Cute!!!!

Grammy Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Leslie said...

Yea for sewing!!! Isn't it the best! Really, I love it, and I'm so glad to hear that you have started too!
We've missed your blog updates!

runneth-over said...

Rachael! That is amazing! I think I see a business in the future. Can I be your first customer? First I need my own little girl muse. :)You are awesome!

Summer Athena said...

you are full of pure awesomeness!

and man, she is a cutie.

Kele said...

OMG! You did a great job! I checked out the blog and I think yours is cuter than the one in the tutorial! I might have to try this too! And yes, the model takes if from cute to 'OFF THE CHART' cute!

The Deming Four said...

PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAESSSSSEEEE open a shop. That top is the cutest thing I've EVER seen!