Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wisconsin Part 4: The End

Here are pics from our last night in Wisconsin and some miscellaneous shots from throughout the week.
Sharing some berries on the balcony

When not outside, the girls could ususally be found eating Cheerios out of this tray. I think they ate a box each that week.

Delilah eating her first sausage pinwheel, a Huntley breakfast tradition. This pic's for you, Grammy Di!
Playing inside during the one afternoon that it rained

Jenny's family graciously offered to watch the girls on the last night so that we could go out. Here are the four of us before we left!
Okay, these next shots need a little explaining. After having dinner at a great restaurant/brewery call the Angry Minnow, we were heading home when Jenny said we had to really experience the local culture. So we stopped a local bar called, I believe, The Corner Store (The General Store? something like that...) and had a few drinks. We watched some football, made some new friends, and learned a new dice game.
These next 3 shots were taken in rapid succession while sitting at the bar. Basically, Jenny and I were being silly, so I picked up the camera and started pretending to be a photographer while she 'posed'. We were completely oblivious to the fact that the camera was flashing in the dark bar and that everyone was staring at us.


This is a shot of locals staring at us. Ummm, do you think they knew we weren't from around there? :)
And here's Jenny playing the new dice game we learned: 6,5,4. Everyone sits around the bar, plays the game, and watches football. Fantastic!
And I'll wrap our Wisconsin trip up with a pic of me and my girl before our night out. Goodbye, Wisconsin, we miss you!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Ahhh..too cute and Im glad you got to go out for the night and mingle. It does seem that the locals knew you weren't from around these parts!!! :)

Kele said...

Yes! I think it was evident you weren't from around there, but I think those guys were wishin' you were!
Sounds (and looks) like lots of fun was had by all!! Great pics as usual!

Jenny D said...

Wow! Too funny...did not know those were going to make it on the blog but it does show how much fun we were having! I love the pic of the locals...too funny=) I LOVE the black and white pic of Delilah and Chris by the lake. It is beautiful. That should be a framer! Let's go back soon!