Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New York Summer!

Over the long weekend, I traveled to NYC to visit one of my very best friends, Summer, while Chris & Delilah went to Dallas to visit his mom, his sister, her family, etc. This post is about my trip, and the next one will be about his!! :)
Sum and I went to a theatre conservatory together, became friends immediately, roomed together, bridesmaided it up in each other's weddings...you get the point...we're close. :) But we haven't hung out since I was pregnant, so I decided a visit was long overdue. Chris won the camera battle, so these pics are from Summer. She made the collages and added the cool effects...enjoy!

We saw a matinee of The Understudy featuring Mark Paul Gosselaar. I had a crush on him in Saved by the Bell (Zack Attack, anyone?) and let's just say time is definitely treating him well. Yum!! The play was fantastic and worth the horrible weather. (See us fighting the wind with our umbrellas?)

Summer is currently in love with mustaches, so here we are sporting some.


Enjoying sushi (with mustaches added, of course)


Sum, me, and her darling husband Adam on the subway


Indulging our innner kung fu. You will notice Summer missing in the 2nd photo...I took her out with my mastery!


We talked a lot, drank some wine, giggled a ton, and even found the perfect red lipstick (thank you MAC in SoHo!)
I CAN NOT wait to see you again, Summer...love you!!!

5 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Looks like a blast - love the pics w/the umbrellas!!!!!

Kele said...

Nothing better than awesome friends, than awesome friends that live in great places!!
What a fabulous place to visit and even better to hang with an old friend!

Summer Athena said...

I love you!

The Deming Four said...

Lucky gal! The getaway sounded so much fun. and yes, MAC does red lipstick right!

amygunther said...

I love the bottom right photo while you were on the Subway. Oh to be a fly on the wall of that subway car...looks like you had a wonderful time away.