Friday, January 8, 2010

Out of Town Visitors!

We bought a new computer for Christmas, so I've been a bit remiss in blogging while I got everything set up. So here's a long overdue post about some visitors we had over the holiday break!!
First our lovely friend, Annie, came in from Los Angeles. She has family in Corpus Christi, but was sweet enough to make the 3.5 hour drive to see us and meet Delilah. We hung out during the day and then went out for a Mexican dinner. We had so much fun catching up, and I already miss her!!

A picture Annie took of Delilah and Dada (I love Red's little collared shirt!)

Annie and Red

Delilah making a mess on the floor of the restaurant. I think Annie was definitely encouraging her!!

Then, after New Year's, our dear, dear friends, The Sullivans came to visit. You may remember Allison from her baby shower. Because they live in Minnesota, this was my first time meeting their 9 month old son, Sylas, and he was a delight!! Allison and Seth are completely at home with parenthood and it was great to watch them with their darling son. We spent the afternoon at a bounce house with the 2 little ones (and we broke the law on the way home...but I'm not saying another word!!), had a great dinner, then stayed up WAY too late playing dominoes and telling stories. (Is it sad that midnight is now considered WAY too late?)
Thanks for coming to spend the night, Sullivans, it was SO great to see you. And thank you for making it work. (Allison tried to downplay it, but I'm pretty sure they rearranged their whole Texas itinerary just to see us that weekend--it was appreciated!!!)

In the tupperware cabinet. Delilah, as always, is showing off her belly.


Hey, Sy, I'm coming in for a kiss!


Muah!

Had to include this picture of me b/c it looks like I was slaving over dinner, when in reality it was Chris who made a broccoli/mashed potato/grilled salmon feast. I think I was just in the stove's vicinity b/c I was getting the gin & tonic you can see in the lower right-hand corner. :)

Friends

Allison's parents came by the next morning and took this pic of us. Ali is holding the dominoes that kept us up so late. :)


I don't know when we'll get to see Annie or the Sullivans again, but I hope it's very soon!!!

4 comments:

runneth-over said...

We LOVE you!! Hey, I think that is like a 1,000 points worth of dominoes on the table in front of me. What is the opposite of beginner's luck called? Geez. We had so much fun and wish we were closer. I need a rematch! Love you.

Kele said...

What great friends it seems you have... ugh, I am missing all my close forever buddies so badly these days!
What the??!?!?! Where in the heck did you find a man that cooks dinner while you booze it up??!!
As usual Red is precious, as are you one Hot Mama!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Sounds like a blast and can't wait to read more stories!

The Deming Four said...

i want to know how you stay so skinny!!!!!