I've been telling myself over and over that we really haven't been trying all that long, but I woke up this week and realized it's been 15 months. Yes, you read that right. Without telling a soul, Chris & I decided that we would start trying for baby #2 when Delilah was at the tender age of 6 months. Yes, Chris travels A TON, and I know that has impacted things greatly. But 15 months is starting to feel like a very long time.
I know God's timing is perfect. And I certainly know how blessed we already are. To have Delilah and want another child is definitely crossing over into the greedy camp. But the heart wants what it wants.
I couldn't decide whether I wanted to talk about this on our blog or not, b/c this is mostly a place for pictures and fun stories. And the reason for that is b/c this blog will be printed out each year and turned into our family photo albums, so I only wanted to put down things that I wanted to remember forever.
But I finally decided that it was time to put this down into the history books. Because I want our next baby to know how much he or she was desired. And I want Delilah to know that it was because she is magic personified that we wanted another one so quickly.
There, I said it.
But if this post disappears in a few days, then I guess I changed my mind about wanting to say it. :)
How could I not want another one?
No comments:
Post a Comment