Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July

I'm a little late posting this, but I had to wait until I could steal pics from my friend, Laura. We spent most of the 3 day weekend getting our house ready to put on the market, but we took a break on Sunday evening to celebrate with the Bighams. They had a delicious cookout and a birthday celebration for Scott's mom. Chris & I didn't know it was her birthday, so when a cake was brought out and everyone started singing, we seriously thought we were singing Happy Birthday to America. Luckily we paused when it was time to sing the name, so when everyone sang "Elaine", we joined in with the last syllable like we knew what we were doing the whole time. :)

Makinley and Delilah jumping on Laura and Scott's bed. Delilah has borrowed a tutu for the occasion and Makinley is uncharacteristically accoutrement-free.
When it got dark, we headed to Scott's office downtown to watch the city fireworks display from his floor-to-ceiling windows. When the fireworks started going off, Red started naming the colors, "Red one! Blue one! Purple one! Mommy...it's ALL the colors!!!"

No comments: