Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Miscellaneous

I realized that there are several pictures that, for one reason or another, never made it to the blog. So here are a bunch of random pictures from March through July of this year. Enjoy! :)
We'll start with some art projects. Delilah's two favorite things are reading and crafts, so I've been trying to come up with some creative art projects appropriate for a 2 year old's limited manual dexterity. :)

A bowl of water, a sponge brush, and a wooden deck...voila!: water painting


Washable markers + water = easy watercolors
Art playdate at our house. The moms were a little shocked that I didn't care if the kids got paint everywhere...that's why it's washable paint and why we kept it on the tile! :) We had markers, giant pieces of paper, a chalkboard, a dry erase board, sponges, finger paints, crayons--and everyone had lots of fun! (Note: Delilah was the only kid who ended the day covered in paint. I was quite proud; I mean, isn't that how you should look after 2 hours of painting?)
This next series shows Red playing with a corn starch mixture. I started off by giving her a tray of corn starch and some cooking utensils and letting her play in it. Then I added water and let her discover how the mixture resists when you push on it, but can also drip freely. Then I let her add food coloring for the final hurrah!





Pictures from a couple playdates at friends' houses:




Randomly trying on mommy's socks and shoes
After a trip to Rockport, we stopped at the Shiner Brewery on our way home. Little munchkin was tired.
Sleepy time on Daddy at the beach
And here are a few pics from a Rockport trip with Mimi, PopPop, Uncle Cannon & Aunt Amy

4 comments:

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

You are so creative...with all the art projects. Did you find that on a website somewhere? Please let me know! I have to say...I am tire of playdo! Claire is really creative, but her mommy isn't and is very tired these days:) Miss you girl!

Taytamay said...

Great photos and chronicle, I enjoyed it! Red is very cute. I love her big sis t-shirt:-)

ali k. said...

I love how creative you are AND I love seeing pictures of you on here. I hope you're well!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

LOVE IT!!!!!