Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Where I've Been...

I haven't been posting as often lately b/c the Huntleys are having a big summer. Chris's company offered him a fantastic position in Houston and we've decided to accept, so we are moving in August!!! Before the Houston offer came, there was about a month long period where it looked like we were moving to Iowa...nothing against Iowa, but we are very happy to be staying in Texas!!!
So I've been missing from the blog b/c we had to get our house ready to put on the market, and it is now officially for sale. Lots of mixed feelings...so happy to be moving to Houston where Chris and I grew up and where we'll be closer to a lot of my family...but sad to be leaving the nice little life we've created for ourselves here in Austin.
I'm also a bit stressed, which is an unusual feeling for me. Do I often over-react to things, and get emotional about little things? Yes...all the time. But very rarely do I truly get stressed out. I always know that everything will work out in the end. And I know everything will work out this time but thinking about the upcoming months of selling our house, buying a new house, potty training Delilah, transitioning Delilah to a big girl bed, finding a new obstetrician, finding a new pediatrician, and, of course, having a BABY...well, let's just say I'm not having the most sound nights of sleeping as of late.
But it helps when I remind myself that these are, as they say, "champagne problems". We are fortunate enough to have a house to sell, to have a job to move for, to have a healthy happy toddler and another healthy baby on the way. And this new job means that Chris will no longer have a crazy travel schedule, and that means the world to me.
So I will try to post regularly, but if more time passes than usual, now you know why. :)

6 comments:

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

Yay to less traveling!!! I know how hard that is on a family. Congrats to your Champagne problems. :)
Mandi

The Ballee Girls said...

Congrats on the news. I totally sympathize with all the changes, believe me. I'm sure it will all be fine, indeed. You're all in good health and that's the most important!

Grammy Di said...

Great -Awesome...Do You know how to eat an elephant? Of course you do....one bite at time...Your cup runneth over with God's many blessings. Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!!!!!!!!

Taytamay said...

Congratulations on your upcoming move and the great opportunities offered you. You are truly blessed with a great family, health and wealth. Enjoy every bit of your experiences. And...Don't worry about things. I know it's easier said than done, but honestly? From my perspective? These are such easy crises! Keep those girls happy and healthy.

ali k. said...

Congrats to Chris and hooray for you being right in Houston. Perhaps this means we shall visit with each other more often during my work travel to HOU. xoxo Good luck with everything!

Kele said...

EXCITING!! I can imagine that it would be hard to leave the lovely Austin, but going back HOME is always wonderful!!
And since H town is my home, maybe we will actually meet, sooner rather than later!
Congrats on all counts, Home, new job, having Chris home more! It is all stressful I know, I have moved enough to know...ugh! But it will all be worth it!