Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Big Girl Bed!!!

We had planned on switching Delilah from a crib to a big girl bed whenever we moved to Houston. But we woke up Monday morning to our daughter standing in our doorway saying, "Good Morning!" and looking quite proud of herself for climbing out of her crib. We went out that day and bought a twin bed, but it was too late to put it together, so we waited until yesterday (Tuesday). We thought it would be best for Delilah to watch/help us take down her crib and put up her bed so that she wouldn't just walk into a room with her crib missing and a new bed in its place.

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures b/c we were too busy doing stuff, but here are the two I did take.

Using the wrench to help Daddy.

New bed!

Since I don't think her new room will be pink, I didn't want to buy all new bedding yet. I figured the pink and blue shams would match well enough for now, and I would just use neutral white. One big problem: All white sheets + white blanket + safety rail = Hospital Bed. I don't know if it looks as bad in the picture, but when we put it all together and stepped back, Chris and I couldn't stop laughing. Let's hope potential buyers aren't put off!!!

Delilah's first night in her big girl bed went about how we expected...which is to say, not great. She wasn't trying to be bad, she just couldn't understand why anyone would stay in a bed that was so easy to get out of. So we followed the experts' advice and just marched her back in to her room every time she got out. We would lay her down and then leave without saying a word. This went on for about 2 hours but she didn't get up once in the middle of the night. Chris found her happily and quietly coloring at 7:30 am this morning. And she's currently napping in her bed, so we'll see how this transition goes!!

So proud of you, Delilah...you're such a big girl!!!

3 comments:

ali k. said...

Wow! She is growing up so fast. I love it. You two are such great parents. I hope when I have a baby I am as good a Mom as you. (No, I don't have news, I'm just saying. But I do kind of have the baby craizies. EVERYbody I know is pregnant or with and infant.) :)

Grammy Di said...

So Big!!!..What a cutie pie. Repitition is your friend during the terrible 2's...Great job.

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

We are about to move Claire to a big girl bed as well...she hasn't climbed out yet, but it is about time and I think she would love it! Glad D likes it:)