Friday, July 16, 2010

Homemade Fashion Friday: Catching Up

These are a few things I've made in the last couple months but never posted about. They will be the last for awhile b/c I've had to pack up all my sewing/knitting stuff while we're showing the house...to potential buyers my supplies look less like creative inspiration and more like a cluttered mess.

Delilah's Big Sister dress that I made from yellow and white knit fabrics, and an iron-on transfer.

Here's our birthday present to our goddaughter, Avari, for her 3rd birthday. It's my version of the game "Memory". White flannel sewed between two sheets of pink felt, with little openings cut out for the felt hearts. There are two of every color...just find the match! And the hearts attach with velcro...I figured even if the game's concept was a little much for a 3 yr old, at least she would love detaching and reattaching the hearts. According to her parents, I was correct! :)

And, finally, my favorite thing I've made to date. It was a surprise dress that I made for Father's Day. White knit fabric, blue knit fabric from an old T-shirt, blue/white polka dotted fabric for the tie and the straps, and iron-on letters. Both Chris and Delilah loved the dress.


4 comments:

Kele said...

My talented little friend, and her adorable little model!!
I sure miss you guys, and apparently I have missed alot since being MIA, and had to do some catching up!
But this is what I really wanted to see... that face! That smile! That precious happy little, that is going to be the best big sister ever and is going to revel in the smothering love of all your family and friends back home, and mostly enjoying having her hero and Daddy around more!!
Love you guys!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Oh how I love the fathers day dress...and you sealed the deal with "daddys girl" how sweet...what a great idea!!!

ali k. said...

Such cute dresses! You know what would also be fun to see?? Pics of you!!! :)

Cheryl Clifton said...

Your creativity is just blossoming!
I loved your present for Ali, so clever, and this dress is adorable!
It appears Delilah is headed in the same direction as Mom!
love
MiMi