Sunday, October 10, 2010

Let's Go to the Zoo!

Delilah has never been to the zoo b/c the Austin one isn't all that great. So we surprised her yesterday and took her to the wonderful Houston Zoo. We kept telling her all morning that we had a surprise for her, and when we got there she cried, "AAaaallllll the animals!!!!!!!!!!" Despite a lack of Delilah's favorite animal, the hippo, we had a fantastic morning...and we only got through about a third of the zoo.

Let's go!

First exhibit..."Can I climb in and pet them, Mommy?"
Looking with Daddy

Red was really sad that there were no hippos; monkeys were the only acceptable substitute.

About to give Daddy a kiss

At one point Delilah asked to stop and "take a breather, Mommy?" We cuddled on the bench and sang songs. Right before she hopped down again, Chris snapped this pic. I am SO PREGNANT!!!! :) I think walking the zoo was definitely more tiring for me than for Delilah...but oh-so-worth-it.

There is also a petting zoo and Delilah helped brush the goats. At one point she just curled up with one like she does with Runyon. The other kids were amazed by her bravery. :)

Worn Out.

Can't wait to go back...we all had so much fun!!

5 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I just LOVE the one the 2nd one from the bottom w/ her and Chris. What a GREAT day!!! You look great too Rach - love the belly!

The Deming Four said...

Rach - you look so beautiful!

Taytamay said...

Wonderful chronicle and photos. You obviously are settled in since you could spend a day at the zoo. You all look great and oh so ready for baby sis. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Stay well.

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Ok...Ok...the zoo looks great and we all know that you are SUPER WOMAN for going at 37+weeks preggo...but you look so great! I haven't really ever seen you preggers...so thanks for sticking that in! Can't wait to meet baby girl!

Team Leslie said...

So much fun! We took Avery to the zoo about 1 month prior to Hannah's arrival...good, pregnant times:)