Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Maternity 2010

We just got the proofs back from our maternity session...so excited that Baby Girl is almost here!
Haven't blogged too much about this pregnancy and I'm not sure why. It's definitely not from a lack of excitement and it's not because we've done this before...I think we've just had so much going on that I get distracted and feel like I can't dedicate the time to document everything properly.
So before we look at some pictures, let's do a little recap of this pregnancy!

What may be surprising to some of you is to learn how long it took to make this a reality. We got pregnant with Delilah very quickly and were so in love with her that we actually started trying for #2 very soon...like 6 months after she was born. But God didn't agree with our timeline, so we didn't actually get pregnant until 15 months later. With all the changes we've had recently, I now know why everything happened the way it did, and I'm thankful.
Like my first, this pregnancy has been very easy. Not one day of nausea, and very few other symptoms. No swelling, no heartburn...just fatigue and hunger. I'm always hungry! :) I gained 54 pounds total with Delilah, and so far have only gained 40 with this one, so I don't think I'll get to 54 again.
This little girl has been EXTREMELY active in my tummy. I first felt her at 14 weeks and haven't stopped since...lots of rolls, kicks, jabs, and hiccups.
People say the 2nd pregnancy isn't as big a deal, but I think that's a little misleading. I think it's just that perspective has changed. When I was pregnant with Delilah, it was such a momentous occasion, and I needed everyone else to think it was momentous, too. This pregnancy is just as exciting for me, but I don't need for everyone else to feel the same way. It's enough for me to know the enormity of the occasion, and to just sit quietly with it by myself if I have, too. Not that friends and family haven't been showering us with love and attention...it's just that I don't need it the way I did the first time around.
I've spent the last 4 months terrified of how I will be able to juggle 2 kids. I've been much more nervous than I was before Delilah got here. But I've felt a lot more at peace in the last few days, so perhaps that means she's about to arrive?!
We feel so blessed to be adding to our family. The thought of another precious newborn to smell is heavenly and the image of our two little girls running and giggling together as they grow up is incredible.
I've reached the point now that one friend described as "the quiet solitude" that comes at the end of pregnancy. The point where you start to feel very introverted and alone (with no negative connotation), because you know you are fast approaching that point where it will just be you that can do the work. In spite of husbands and doctors and family, no one can join you in labor. I feel like I've even started to pull away from Red ever so slightly and I know she can sense it because she's been more cuddly than ever. Right now, it's just me and my baby and we are a unit...not too much else exists at this point.
I can't wait to meet her.






5 comments:

Laura said...

Is it strange that I am tearing up just looking at you and your sweet family? I mean...how much more perfect could this be? Lots of love and prayers and well wishes coming to you!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Great post, sweet girls - you are the BEST mom EVER!

Grammy Di said...

Oh my Goodness--we just got home from a beautiful autumn day of Golf in Park City to see these amazingly beautiful pictures. Grammy Di is totally vaclempt.Can't wait to meet our new little angel. I picked out her Christmas jammers today---Yeah!!!!

Franca said...

Y'all (the texan in me says) are so sweet and stunningly beautiful! Can't wait for all the newborn pics and in the meantime am loving all of these ones incl the ones at the zoo... so, so, so sweet! Miss you and thinking of you! xoxo, Fra

runneth-over said...

Beautiful images of your beautiful family!! I am on pins and needles. :) Love you.