Thursday, October 21, 2010

Two and a Half!

Precious Red is two and a half today! I know I've had some wordy posts lately, and this will probably be another one. But we all know that it will be picture overload when the new munchkin gets here, so bear with me.
I have no idea how much longer Delilah will be an only child...could be hours, it could be weeks. But I do know that these past two and a half years have been incredible. Most of the updates have been filled with what Red has learned and what she can do. I think that's b/c it's amazing to watch a little baby start to grow into a person who can walk and talk and read and count, etc. But now she's a little girl and I don't care about all that stuff so much b/c discovering WHO she is is a lot more interesting than discovering WHAT she can do. And she is pretty incredible.
-She is now very open to new people...especially other kids. She LOVES the playscape at Chik-fil-A, and acts as thought it's her own and she's the hostess. She welcomes other kids in, makes sure they take off their shoes, and offers a hand to help them climb up the slide.
-She offers unprompted 'Sorry's' when she realizes that she's made her parents mad.
-She HATES seeing people who are upset. She sticks her lower lip out and looks up at me and says, "why is he crying?" or "He's sad, Mommy"
-She often says, "I need a hug"
-She is super cuddly
-She throws fierce tantrums that last, on average, 30 seconds
-Like most toddlers, she likes for things to be done in a certain order. But there is a strong possibility that we need to make sure that she doesn't have OCD. I mean, seriously, just one time of putting on her right sock before her left sock wouldn't kill her.
-She is in love with pajamas and does anything she can to stay in them and not change into 'udder clothes'
-She's starting to make up little stories...we were on a walk yesterday and she told me that the yellow dog was hungry and that he was friends with the squirrel who lived in the tree.
-She's still into the Astros. We were watching a game the other day, and Chris pointed out former Astro Nolan Ryan...Delilah's immediate response was, "Where's Jose Cruz?". If you are an Astros fan, that comment is killing you right now. :)
-Favorite toys right now are books, play-doh, sidewalk chalk, and puzzles.
-Bedtime companions are Elmo and Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch). She still has a thousand animals in her bed, but those are the two that she wants under her arm.
-She is joyful. So very, very joyful.

Dear sweet Red, I cherish these 2.5 years of just you. You are beautiful and sweet and funny and caring and you are my heart.



Mommy loves you.


2 comments:

Laura said...

Did you mention how perfect she is? If not, I would like to add that amendment. So sweet.

Taytamay said...

Thanks for letting me know Delilah although thousands of miles away!