Monday, July 25, 2011

9 Months Old!!!

I know it's so cliche to say, but for the love of Pete, where did our baby go?!?!?!?!
Here are the stats:
Weight: 19 lbs, 14 oz (50th %)
Height: 29 inches (90th %)
Head: 18.5 inches (99th%)

-Sweetest Noelle, you are climbing and crawling and cruising all over the place. You are still the happiest little thing on the planet and you make friends everywhere you go. I didn't know a 9 month old could flirt, but flirt you do. We will be out somewhere and you'll get this coy little look in your eye, and a mischievous grin and I just know that if I follow your gaze I will be staring straight into the eyes of a complete stranger and you'll have him or her already wrapped around your tiny finger. You can even smile when you have your pacifier in...it stays clenched between your gums and you just grin around it...your dad and I think you look like one of those old-timey, fat-cat, business men who grin while puffing on a cigar.
-You are beyond picky when it comes to food. You like Cheerios, Gerber puffs, applesauce, formula, and rice cereal. And that's it. Any time I've tried to give you something like carrots, you gag until you vomit. Surely that will change some day. Surely.
-You can now pull yourself up to standing, although you sometimes forget how to get down and just stand there, clinging to the ottoman for dear life, waiting for someone to save you. Unfortunately for you, Delilah is often first on the scene and she sort of bear hugs you from behind, then sits down, pulling you with her. Half the time you love it, and half the time you clearly would prefer to not be her tackling dummy.
-You love remotes and anything electronic that you shouldn't be touching. You love anything your sister is holding.
-You have started to clap and it's adorable.
-Your two favorite songs for me to sing are Heart & Soul and some random song I made up about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It kills you every time. I love singing Heart & Soul to you b/c it talks about falling unexpectedly, deeply in love. I knew I would love you, but there really is a fear in almost every parent I know of how on earth you will love the 2nd child as much as you love the first. And now that fear seems so silly.

We are all crazy about you, little Ellie Bug.

3 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

She is SO BIG! you are right, where did the time go??? Love it..love it all. hopefully, my 2nd one is just as happy and content as you are!!

Laura said...

Tears are filling my eyes...seriously, she looks like a toddler with her cute bow and long hair. But, the food...surely it will change.

Grammy Di said...

Happy 9 Months Ellie Bug--You are beyound adorable--Will see you next month. Can't wait...PaPa-H and Grammy Di