I will write a long post soon about this move to New York but I just wanted to quickly commemorate one thing: Delilah is back. All of the turmoil from the past year finally took its toll on our strong little sprite, and the move to Manhattan was the final straw. She was an angel on the flight, but once we got here she sort of went crazy. Chris & I felt like we were watching our daughter literally lose her mind. She was confused, and sad, and mad, and hurting, and there was nothing we could do about it. She even started fighting sleep because she was having awful nightmares.
But yesterday we turned a corner. Things just seemed to click in place and we had the best day. She was joking and laughing like normal, and went to sleep without a fuss.
We are so glad to have you back, Red. We missed you.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a sweetie!! Glad to here NYC is finally agreeing with her! How could it not! Can't to wait to chat about this big crazy adventure of yours AND more importantly, discuss plans for a visit!!! Love ya, Fra
I am SO glad to read this. I have been worried about her (and you). Yeah for having that sweet, funny, excitable little angel back to being herself...and by the way, I love that little self.
Happy to hear your move went well, an i am happy to hear that your sweet red head is back to her usualy antics.
mandi
I am sorry for your heartache, and I'm glad she's back...we miss you and sending good thoughts your way! Extra hugs to Red!
Aw, little sweetie. I'm glad to hear she is adjusting. I'm sure you were brilliant in your support of her, but it can't have been easy to watch. xxo
Post a Comment