Monday, August 15, 2011

Lego Store!

I think it's safe to say that the very best thing about living in NYC is that there is ALWAYS something to do.  And I vowed when we moved here that I would take lots of pictures.  My motto is:  if I would take pictures of it as a tourist, then I will take pictures of it as a resident.  So when my friend Jonna invited us to join her two kids on a trip to the Lego Store in Rockefeller Center, I made sure to pack my camera.  Sure she laughed at me, but she was really happy when I later sent her the pic of our girls. :) The store was actually a little small and not quite as fun as we'd expected. Luckily, our kids don't have high standards and they thought it was a fantastic way to spend an afternoon.

In front of the store

Wall of Legos

Investigating everything



Staring at the tiny Rockefeller Center made of Legos.

Here are Delilah and Alexa in front of all the flags at Rockefeller Center.  Alexa is five and Delilah ADORES her. They live in our building and Delilah must ask a hundred times a day to see Alexa.  Luckily the feeling is mutual:  Jonna told me that whenever Alexa and her other friends play make-believe, Alexa now always picks "Delilah" as her pretend name.

And, of course, the highlight of the trip wasn't planned at all.  We were underground at Rockefeller Center, and from about 30 feet away, Delilah spotted the Swarovski Crystal store and RACED to see this display.  She and Alexa must have stared at it for ten minutes (an eternity for a 3 year old).  Delilah just kept repeating: "Mama, it's sooooo beautiful!!"
And, thus, concludes our trip to the Lego Store. Who knows where we'll head next?

2 comments:

Taytamay said...

Oh man!!! How fun. Glad Delilah already made friends.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Red is SO BIG already!