Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pageant Time!

'Tis the season...for school and church pageants! First, Delilah's school put on a holiday concert. Delilah's class sang two songs and she rehearsed them for weeks!!! Chris was able to leave work for a few hours to see it, which made it extra special. You can see in the photo how into it sweet Red gets!
Delilah and Noelle both got to participate in our church's Christmas pageant; Delilah was an angel, and Noelle was a sheep. I was not able to see it because I had to be in Brooklyn at the church I work for down there. Here is a conversation Chris and I had leading up to the pageant:
Me: Maybe y'all shouldn't go to church on Sunday. It's the day of the pageant and I think Delilah will be so sad she's not in it.
Chris: Why can't she be in it?
Me: Well, I have to be in Brooklyn that morning.
Chris: So? I take the girls by myself to church all the time.
Me: But I won't be able to watch her.
Chris: Let me get this straight. You would rather have Delilah not be in the pageant than have her be in it if you can't watch her?
Me: It made more sense in my head than it does when you say it out loud...

I guess it's still just hard for me to imagine her little life without me there every step of the way!!! She did, of course, participate. And even Noelle, whom I thought would be too young, got to join in.
At the rehearsal Noelle wouldn't put on the sheep costume. So Chris came up with this homemade costume...so resourceful, my husband! :)







I LOVE this photo. Noelle was too scared to go onstage, but in the end she finally ran out. She ran straight to Delilah who put her arms around her. I think Delilah looks like Noelle's personal guardian angel in the pic. Takes my breath away.

I think Delilah may really have seen God. I am not kidding. This is just so beautiful.

 Merry Christmas to all. Happy Birthday, Jesus!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

The girls look magical. So sad you had to miss it but glad you came to your senses (way to go, Chris!) and let them participate! Delilah is breath-taking as an angel. I just stared at the pics for like five minutes.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Your children crack me up. Seriously, Delilah is awesome.