Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Adventures in Baton Rouge

This past weekend all of Team Huntley drove to Baton Rouge to visit our godfriends and goddaughter, The Hauschilds. It was quite the trip b/c Delilah was getting over her double ear infection, I came down with a sinus infection, and Runyon is only about 75% potty-trained. Plus, Chris had to leave for a work trip in the middle, so I was kind of a single mom for about 4 days. I say 'kind of' b/c Kurt and Joie were the best wives ever to me. :) They helped out a ton with Delilah and me, the sicko. They also ran Operation: Rescue Runyon (see below).

We had a WONDERFUL time, but a baby and a puppy never need to sleep in the same room together. Never. Ever. Why? Because they don't sleep. They wake each other up every couple hours, which means mom is up the whole night.

Avari and Delilah taking a bath together. SO CUTE!
Let's Play!

And here's Operation: Rescue Runyon. Runyon got out through a hole in their fence and decided to go visit the nearby construction site/ditch. Joie took charge, told me to stay with the girls and she went to rescue the puppy. Kurt was at the store and when he got back he heard Joie calling out for help. She had successfully crossed the ditch and rescued Runyon, but had lost her shoes in the mud, and was stuck on the other side. I realized Joie had been gone awhile, so I gathered the girls and found Kurt rescuing Joie who had rescued Runyon.

Here's Joie triumphant after her daring rescue!!! This picture doesn't even begin to do justice to how caked in mud both Joie and Runyon were.
Thanks Hauschilds!!! You guys are the best friends ever!!!!!!

4 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

And also...the mud felt good squishing between my toes.......

Summer Athena said...

i am so sad that we are not in louisiana so we could VISIT! i love you and miss you!

The Deming Four said...

Such lovely, lovely red hair!!!! I STILL can't get over it - even a year later! ha!